(as of Aug 30,2020 01:50:45 UTC – Details)
From the manufacturer
Let’s get started!
Using dumbbells can be a great way to workout at home or at the gym.
Working out with dumbbells allows you to not only work out the exercised muscle but will also require the input from various stabilizing muscles. This will allow muscles to strengthen together and not develop independently from one another. It is important to keep proper form while completing the exercises. Be careful not to swing and use momentum to perform the exercise, therefore gaining the most effective benefits. Practice in front of a mirror to help ensure that you are using good form for the exercise.
To start it is important to pick the proper weight. Start out with lower weights until you learn proper technique and build yourself up. If you’re trying to tone your muscles and build endurance, rather than significantly increase muscle size, select weights that allow you to do about 12 to 20 repetitions of a given exercise before feeling overly tired.
Dumbbell Lunge with Press
1. Standing with a dumbbell in each hand, palms faced towards each other
2. Stepping forward with your right leg, keep your left leg stationary, inhale and lower your left knee until your shin is perpendicular to the ground.
3.While in lunge position, perform an over head press. Reaching your arms overhead, lower weights to goal post positions.
4. With emphasis on the heel of your foot, exhale and push your body back up to start position.
5. Careful to maintain your balance, continue to alternate each leg.
1. Place two dumbbells on the floor about shoulder-width apart. Start in a pushup position with either knees on the floor or raised plank position. In either position it is important to keep your back straight line.
2. With arms fully extended, elbows close to the body, raise the weight up towards your ribs until you reach mid line or 90 degree angle. Pause and then slowly return to start position.
3. Repeat on opposite side.
Day 1 Fitness, Designed with You in Mind
D1F proudly supports local business. All of our innovative fitness products are designed in the United States, so you can feel good knowing you are contributing directly to the economy. We utilize the knowledge of industry leaders to build products to last. Whether you use these for your home gym or a commercial gym, know you are getting the quality you deserve!
Shop with confidence! If you have any questions or concerns regarding this product, we’ll do our best to make sure your shopping experience with Day 1 Fitness is top notch!
ADD INTENSITY AND VARIETY TO WORKOUTS: Achieve a toned back, flat abs and sculpted arms with these versatile free weights. Perfect for overall health, balance, and weight management, they’re also great for aerobics, cardio, yoga, and strength-building.
VIBRANT COLORS WITH A NEOPRENE FINISH: With bright colors and easy-to-read numbers, using training weights has never been easier or more fun. The durable neoprene coating provides a comfy grip and protection against calluses.
COMPACT AND CONVENIENT: With an anti-rolling hexagon design, your free weights won’t roll away and are easy to stack so they take up minimal space. Ideal for home use, travel, outdoors, indoors, or the gym, you can take these gym accessories everywhere.
TOUGH, STABLE, AND DURABLE. Built using a high quality cast iron core, your handheld weight set won’t break or bend after repeated use. For beginners and advanced users, alike, these dumbell sets are available in weights ranging from 1 lb up to 20 lbs.
VERSATILE & MULTIPURPOSE: Our freestyle weights, sold in pairs, aid in exercises that burn calories and help you tone and maintain strength. Ideal for fitness, weight loss, and orthopedic therapy, they also help improve stamina, and muscle mass.